SAP Tips & Trick
- You may have noticed that in ECC the services for object button (Generic Object Services - GOS) is missing from the sales order. This can be useful to find related IDOCS but was taken off in 4.7 due to performance reasons. If you set user profile/parameter SD_SWU_ACTIVE to X by going to SYSTEM-USERPRFOLE-OWNDATA the button will be available to you again.
- Logging on without being authorized
Client 066 usually exists in a SAP system due to EarlyWatch services. Often this client does not have master users. If it is true, anyone can log into the system using the client 066, user SAP*, and password PASS. Enjoy yourself.
- Special copy and paste
Click on the area and press CTRL+Y. It allows you to copy many lines at once and paste them afterwards.
- Long messages on footer
Click on the message and hold the mouse button. After moving the mouse to the left side.
- Direct input logs
The transaction BMV0 (direct input logs) shows all direct input logs.
- Graphics on SAPscript
The program RSTXLDMC can be used to upload graphics (file extension .tif on PC files) into individual standard text.
- Adding icons
Check the icon code using transaction ICON. A technical view can be found at the include named «ICON». Sequences of characters begin and finish with the symbol @. Even plain files under operating system can contain those strings.
- Filling up an empty date field quickly
Strike the key F4 (or click on matchcode symbol) and press ESCAPE. The current date is automatically set.
- Setting up module FI/CO without using IMG
Almost all parameters can be set using the transactions ORFA (Asset Accounting), ORFB (Financial Accounting), and ORKS (Cost Center Accounting).
- Displaying check object when not authorized
Soon after the lock try to access the transaction SU53. It reports the last objects verified and also the respective values.
- Table analyses between two systems
The contents of a table between two systems can be checked through the transaction OY19.
- Correction and transport system
The transaction SE10 provides the easiest way to manage any request/transport and corrections.
- General command field formats
/n Skip to the next record if you are processing one batch input session /bend Cancel a batch input foreground process /nend Close all R/3 sessions and logoff /nxxxx Call the transaction xxxx in the same session /o Generate a session list /oxxxx Call the transaction xxxx in an additional session /i Delete the current session /h Turn the debug mode on /$tab Reset all buffers (for System Administrators) /$sync Synchronize instances buffers (for System Administrators)
- Report command field formats
%pri Print the current report %pc Download the current report %sc Call the find function p+ Go to the next page p- Go to the previous page p++ Go to the last page p-- Go to the first page
- Helpful reports
RSCLTCOP Copy tables across clients RSAVGL00 Table adjustment across clients RSINCL00 Extended program list RSBDCSUB Release batch-input sessions automatically RSTXSCRP Transport SAPscript files across systems RSORAREL Get the Oracle Release RGUGBR00 Substitution/Validation utility RSPARAM Display all instance parameters RSUSR003 Check the passwords of users SAP* and DDIC in all clients RSUSR006 List users last login
- Unconditional mode when importing or exporting a request/transport
Run the command R3trans -u under user «SysID»adm.
- Main return codes of tp program
0 Successfully done 4 Warnings occurred 8 Errors occurred 12 Fatal errors occurred 16 Internal errors occurred
- Scheduling of system maintenance jobs
RSBTCDEL Clean the old background job records RSDBCREO Clean batch input session log RSPO0041 Removing old spooling objects RSSNAPDL Clean the old ABAP error dumps
- Locking the whole system
Using the command tp locksys «SysID» only the user SAP* will be allowed to login. The command tp unlocksys «SysID» cancels the lock.
- Connection between SAP R/3 and operating system
The command sapevt can be used to trigger an event from the operation system. Thus, a job previously defined within R/3 will be released.
- SQL code help
Run the command oerr ora «error number» under user ora«SysID».
- Oracle import and export explanations
Run the command imp help=yes under user ora«SysID». This format can also be used with exp, impst, and expst.